If you don’t want to read too much, the meme I made for this article summarizes preety well what the article says.
I have a method quite effective to avoid conflicts with your employer, partner, friends, etc:
- 90% by avoiding doing things that are reprensible, or a reprensible attitude.
- 10% by accepting reprensible things, or reprensible attitudes.
This doesn’t avoid all conflicts, but it leaves less room for reprisements.
In the 1st. item attacking causes, and in the 2nd. one, managing the consequences.
- Of course, anyone can judge on his/her way. Also, there will be a unanimous(?) agreement that on some acts are more than reprisable. They are unacceptable.
- Each person will establish his/her percentages according to the type of relationship we’re talking about: are we talking about your mate? your job, your friends? etc…
- And I never said these percentages will remain still. They may probably go back and forward, depending how old, the time of your life, your experiences. Today it can be 90/10, tomorrow 70/30, even 50/50, etc…
My only warning would be: don’t wait to the point where we are 90% accepting (or expecting acceptation).
Don’t play with your patience. Don’t play with the patience of others.